- Good brake response High boiling point and resistance to vapor formation under normal service conditions ensures that brake pedal travel is taken up in activating the brakes rather than compressing the fluid.
- Protects metal surfaces Buffered formulation provides protection from acidic oxidation products for cast iron and steel components by maintaining the pH of the fluid in the alkaline range. Advanced technology inhibitors protect other metals such as aluminum, brass, copper, zinc and tin from corrosion by forming a protective layer on the surface.
- Minimizes leakage and loss of pressure Correct seal swell and lubricity characteristics minimize leakage through seal shrinkage and component wear caused by excessive seal swelling and/or inadequate lubrication of moving parts.
High quality, non-petroleum automotive brake fluid designed for use in conventional hydraulic brake and clutch systems under normal service condition
All hydraulically operated motor vehicle braking systems (drum and disc types) for which a DOT 3 or SAE J1703 fluid is specified. This may include:
- Vehicles with anti-lock (ABS) braking systems
- Hydraulic clutch systems requiring conventional fluids
- Passenger cars, commercial road transport, and motorcycles For vehicles operating in particularly severe service conditions, or where a DOT 4 fluid is specified, Havoline® Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 4 is recommended.For vehicles operating in extreme service conditions, or where a DOT 5.1 fluid is specified, Caltex Brake and Clutch Fluid DOT 5.1 is recommended.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS