Caltex SRI Grease NLGI 2 delivers value through:
- Wide application range — Suitable for high rpm operation, operating temperatures ranging from -29°C to 177°C (-20°F to 350°F).
- Excellent oxidation stability — Provides exceptional bearing life at operating temperatures in the range of 93°C to 177°C (199°F to 350°F).
- Excellent rust protection — Provides exceptional rust protection as defined by ASTM D1743-73 with 5% Synthetic Sea Water
It is formulated with ISOSYN® base stocks, a modern ashless, organic polyurea thickener coupled with high performance rust and oxidation inhibitors (the latter to provide superior rust protection in severe applications that many electric motors applications are exposed to in field operations). Its texture is smooth and buttery and its color is dark green.
Caltex SRI Grease NLGI 2 is recommended:
- for use in a wide range of automotive and industrial applications
- for use in antifriction bearings operating at high speeds (10,000 rpm and greater)
- where the operating temperatures are on the order of 150°C (302°F) and higher
- where there is a likelihood that water or salt water will get into the bearings
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS