Taro DP Series
Taro DP Series
Taro® DP Series lubricants are high-performance, medium- to high-BN, diesel engine oils for medium and high-speed trunk piston diesel engines. Taro DP Series lubricants are specially developed for use in medium-speed, trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulphur content up to 4%. Taro 20 DP can also be used in combination with marine diesel or gas oil. Taro DP Series lubricants are blended from high-quality base oils and additives that provide an extra margin of protection against ring sticking, piston deposits and wear under the most severe operating conditions.
Taro 20 DP delivers value through:
- High BN levels control cylinder liner wear effectively and protect bearings from corrosion. High-performance, antiwear additives provide excellent protection against adhesive wear for cams, camshaft and bearings. Taro DP Series lubricants also provide a high degree of water tolerance and antifoam protection
- Keeps crankcases and oil control rings clean.
- Prevents deposit formation throughout the engine.
- Reduces lube oil filter blockage.
- Effectively handles insolubles.
- Oxidation inhibitors protect the oil against high thermal stresses, protect engine parts from corrosion and reduce undercrown deposits while promoting extended lubricant life.
Taro DP Series lubricants have very good viscosity control when used in severe hightemperature service, and their excellent BN retention characteristics prevent corrosive wear over long periods of operation. The unique detergent and dispersant additive system provides outstanding piston cleanliness as well as control of fuel contaminants. This results in extreme reduction of both “hot” (piston lands and grooves, piston undercrown, purifier preheaters) and “cold” (crankcase, cambox, rocker area, fuel pumps, purifier bowl) deposits. Taro DP Series lubricants provide a high degree of water tolerance and have good water separation and base retention properties.
Taro DP Series lubricants are recommended for all types of trunk piston diesel engines burning 1) marine diesel oil or low sulphur heavy fuels with a sulphur content up to 2% [Taro 20 DP]; or 2) residual fuels with a maximum sulphur level of 4% [Taro 30 DP]. Taro DP Series lubricants are approved by all major OEMs.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS