Taro XL Series
Taro XL Series
Taro® XL Series lubricants are high-performance, high-BN, diesel engine oils for medium-speed trunk piston diesel engines. Taro XL Series lubricants are specially developed to use in medium-speed, trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulphur level of 4.5%. Taro XL Series lubricants are blended from high-quality base oils and additives that provide an extra margin of protection against ring sticking, piston deposits and wear under the most severe operating conditions
- High BN levels control cylinder liner wear effectively and protect bearings from corrosion. High-performance, antiwear additives provide excellent protection against adhesive wear for cams, camshaft and bearings. Taro XL Series lubricants also provide a high degree of water tolerance and antifoam protection.
- Keeps crankcases and oil control rings clean.
- Prevents deposit formation throughout the engine.
- Reduces lube oil filter blockage.
- Effectively handles insolubles.
- Oxidation inhibitors protect the oil against high thermal stresses, protect engine parts from corrosion and reduce undercrown deposits while promoting extended lubricant life.
Taro XL Series lubricants have very good viscosity control when used in severe hightemperature service, and their excellent BN retention characteristics prevent corrosive wear over long periods of operation. The unique detergent and dispersant additive system provides outstanding piston cleanliness as well as control of fuel contaminants. This results in extreme reduction of both “hot” (piston lands and grooves, piston undercrown, purifier preheaters) and “cold” (crankcase, cambox, rocker area, fuel pumps, purifier bowl) deposits. Taro XL Series lubricants provide a high degree of water tolerance and have good water separation and base retention properties.
Taro XL Series lubricants are recommended for all types of trunk piston diesel engines burning residual fuels with a maximum sulphur level of 4.5%. Taro XL Series lubricants are approved by all major OEMs.
Always confirm that the product selected is consistent with the original equipment manufacturer’s recommendation for the equipment operating conditions and customer’s maintenance practices.
For full product description see the PDS